I don’t know about you other Mommas but I am always looking for ways to make things at home easier especially when there is a new baby in the house!
I think all this time pumping has given me time to ponder…
Never fails when I sit down to feed the baby or pump that’s when someone needs something and very often it’s food related! 🙂
Ellie is very good about being willing to help by handing out a snack but often it’s only what she can reach in the pantry.
I tried right before Neely was born to implement a “snack jar” where everything in it was appropriate for a single serving snack but I found some problems with that method:
- Buying prepackaged snacks gets expensive and they often come in a larger portion size than I would like.
- If I package them myself in ziploc bags, by the time the snacks have been tossed around in the jar, often many of them are crushed or smooshed and end up being wasted, plus I hate the waste of all those plastic bags.
- A snack jar out on the counter does not allow for snacks that need to be refrigerated, like fresh vegetables, applesauce, etc.
- yogurt (from a large, less expensive tub, divided into snack cups…also great for breakfast!)
- jello, made from a box mix or homemade
- cut up watermelon, cantaloupe
- animal crackers
- trail mix
- homemade peanut butter crackers, ritz crackers & peanut butter…three crackers per cup
- nilla wafers and peanut butter “sandwiches”…three per cup
- gingersnaps…love these classic cookies, not too sweet, inexpensive…just right!
- multigrain cheerios
- dried fruit